At Bombardier, employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As part of the Engineering Service India (ESI) team in Bangalore India, you will provide Aircraft Interiors Engineering expertise collaborating closely with our strategic suppliers & in support of services requested from our programs.
In your role, you will:
• Work on problems of diverse scope; apply knowledge to intermediate to complex problems, identify with non-standard tasks/queries.
• Have the ability to technically lead the activities linked to all aspects of Interior design including but not limited to Monument Concept Design, Detail Design, Top Assembly drawings, DRD’s and Change Management Process.
• Have the ability to produce conceptual designs / modifications of major Interior work packages and to manage / follow the work package into detail phase.
• Have the ability to Lead IPDT, PDR & 3DDR exits and support other work package milestone activities with small group of designers.
• Have the ability to analyze and define complexity of monuments and perform estimation for changes to monuments.
• Have the ability to interact with Methods group to find solution for changes requested.
• Have a clear understanding of the different phases of aircraft development and Interior Design Cycle.
• Have the expertise with aircraft materials, process specifications related to Interior design.
• Have basic understanding of stress and load paths related to Interior design.
• Have expertise with detail design of sheet metal / machined/ composite components.
• Have expertise with Cabinet design, Installations, related system design and interface control with major structural work packages.
As our ideal candidate,
– You hold an engineering degree in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering.
– You have minimum of 7 years of Aerospace Interior Design experience.
– You have minimum of 5 years of experience on 3D design software packages Catia V5 or higher.
– You have openness and respect in relationship with individuals from other cultures.
– You have good integration / people skills, ability to work in a team and as a team player.
– You are able to work cross functionally and communicate with confidence with all levels of the organization with relatively limited supervision.
– You have very good spoken and written English communication skills.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Interior Completion Design
Primary Location: IN-KA-Bangalore
Employee Status: Regular
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bombardier.com.