Website Panasonic Avionics
Who we are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What we value:
As an organisation, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why you should join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world-class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Researches, develops and maintains real-time embedded multi-threaded Linux application software. Has specific technical responsibility in the area of Android Framework software development, Android customisation and porting onto Panasonic systems. Projects may include Android customisations, Android services and applications, Linux applications, Browser development, web-based applications, networked client-server applications, and/or implementation of network security methodologies. May include some low-level development such as device drivers, kernel configuration for different hardware architectures and code for hardware verification.
- Android framework customisation and porting onto custom hardware platform designs
- Resolving errors/findings from Compatibility Test Suite test results
- Plans, designs, modifies and implements software applications from functional and system design specifications.
- Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
- Develops software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages their implementation.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyses design interfaces.
- Prepares, reviews, and evaluates interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Assists in definition, analysis and allocation of requirements.
- Supports system test programs and analyses system testing results.
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles.
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
- Experience in Java programming
- Experience in Android application development
- Solid Linux experience and basic Linux kernel knowledge
- C/C++ programming experience in Linux environment including TCP/IP network programming and device drivers are a must.
- Working knowledge of the Android Framework and lower level Android elements desired
- Familiarity with network security methodologies a plus.
- Familiarity with GIT and SVN is a plus
- Prior experience with multimedia application development including streaming audio/video servers and clients highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources such as system lab time and down stream process owners and tasks.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including concise written and verbal skills is a must.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time.
To apply for this job please visit careers.na.panasonic.com.