Website Butterfly Flexible Seating Solutions Ltd
Based in Hong Kong, Butterfly Flexible Seating Solutions (www.butterflyseating.com) commercializes flexible seating concepts in the world of air, rail, and road transportation. We are affiliated with the award-winning design studio Paperclip Design, founded by 3-time Crystal Cabin Award winner James Lee. Known for inventive, functional, and space efficient solutions, we are currently striving to bring our Butterfly seat (https://www.butterflyseating.com/news/2019/8/6/butterfly-interviewed) to the market of single-aisle & widebody aircraft interiors.
In our flat start-up structure, each team member has great impact on the direction of the company. If you are versatile, passionate about creating new aircraft interiors and can think outside the box, we want you to join us. We are looking for a team player showing strong sense of responsibility, openness to feedback and willingness to relocate to Hong Kong, a city in Asia’s heart, with app. 7% income tax for your income bracket.
Alongside our corporate partners, you will be a key person in the engineering & certification of Butterfly and in the development of a modular backbone of components for seat variants. You should be able to understand and interpret the results from FEA, be comfortable doing hand calculations, and have enough knowledge to question methodologies employed and results derived. Ideally your experience spans the product lifecycle- across initial concept design, design for manufacture, and production.
We need an avid learner who is fluent in English and able to swiftly catch-up to work well with our international partners and team members on multiple projects simultaneously.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Liaise with seat manufacturers, suppliers, OEM and customers
• Develop & engineer design ideas from given visual sources such as sketches, renderings, etc.
• Perform CAD engineering and FE modeling for metallic, composite and thermoformed parts
• Lead the team through structured development processes & engineering methodologies
• Present ideas internally & externally, as well as conduct client meetings
• Support the team in building mockups in a hands-on manner with refined techniques and machines (Laser-cutting, CNC milling, 3D printing, general wood and metal processing)
Plus, a variety of other tasks needed to support the growth of a startup
Qualifications & Requirements
• A Master Degree in Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering
• Minimum 2 years’ post-master degree practice in the aerospace sector (excluding internships)
• Basic understanding of EASA &FAA regulations and the product certification process
• Experience in aircraft seating is a great plus, experience in aircraft interiors
• Proficient in CATIA or Solidworks and a Finite Element Modeling Software
• Ability to perform hand calculations and prepare simple VBA based models
• Experience in a complex simulation software such as LS-Dyna or Radioss is a plus
• Knowledge of a 3D rendering software as well as graphic editing software like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator is a plus
• Fluent in English (TOEFL score > 100)
• Willing to relocate to Hong Kong and travel overseas
• Flexible with working hours due to international client base
• 390.000-430.000 HK$ salary per annum- performance-based
• Up to 3.000 HK$ Uber/Taxi reimbursement per month (our office is in the north of Hong Kong)
• Health insurance support
• Up to 1.500 HK$ MPF (mandatory MPF contribution)
Please send your CV, work samples, and a cover letter to: info@Butterflyseating.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.