Website Safran Engineering Services
Safran Engineering Services UK Limited is seeking to strengthen its team further by appointing more enthusiastic design engineers (CATIA 5) able to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills. If you have experience of working on aircraft cabin interiors design – in particular galleys and business class seats – we would like to hear from you.
The role will require you to have excellent experience of aerospace composite (honeycomb) / metallic materials and manufacturing processes, Product Lifecycle Management (PDM).
• You should be educated to Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred, with a minimum of four years of experience in design of composite and metallic components
• Excellent knowledge of computerised design and analysis methods (CATIA V5)
• Experience with GD&T, (tolerance stack up)
• Good experience of aerospace composites (honeycomb) /metallic materials and manufacturing processes
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PDM) / customer focused / ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers
• Understanding of stress principles
• Awareness of aircraft industry standards, regulations and qualification requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
• Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
What can we offer you?
A competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, excellent training and development, opportunities for career progression within the wider Safran Group, including international mobility. Share purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme, contributory pension scheme and much more.
When applying please submit a covering letter stating why you feel you would be suitable for the role based on the Job Description and the salary you are seeking – applications received without this information will NOT be considered
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defence markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion Euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes R&D programmes to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion Euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the Happy at Work rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favourite companies of newly qualified engineers in France.
Safran Engineering Services offers high-technology engineering services in the fields of aerospace, energy and ground transportation. Building on 30 years’ experience, the company relies on 3,000 engineers dotted across nine countries worldwide.
To apply for this job please visit www.safran-group.com.