Website Recaro Aircraft Seating
We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the position of Textile Engineer at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date.
• To direct and manage all aspects of the U.S. quality assurance function in a manner that ensures all incoming materials, the production process, and the final product meet FAA Part 21 and other approved specifications as well as customer requirements. Manage the Quality function managers.
• Develops the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve quality system requirements and continuous improvement culture in the company.
• Provides leadership, direction and management to the quality assurance function in a manner that ensures all incoming materials, the production process, and final product meet FAA Part 21 and other approved specifications as well as customer requirements.
• Ensures that proper practices and procedures are consistently performed during manufacturing.
• Works closely with German plant to ensure consistency with practices, procedures and specifications in all matters related to quality. Completes final inspections, certifies that seat meets AFF Part 21 and other approved specifications and signs the Statement of Conformance as the Organizational Designated Airworthiness Representative (ODAR). Follows guidelines as determined by ISO, D1-9000 Boeing Requirements, FAA, EASA and Environmental Sustainability.
• Stays current on all matters related to the Quality Management Manual, ISO, D1-9000 Boeing Requirements, FAA, EASA and Environmental Sustainability. Ensures that all production processes meet or exceed quality standards. Confers regularly with FAA on quality issues.
• Ensures and develops and maintains quality statistics, charts defects and non-conformities utilizing various tools and metrics.
• Leads and manages Continuous Improvement activities to accomplish measurable business process improvements.
• Responsible for executing process and product audits both internally and externally.
• Responsible for Recaro Management System within RAU and acts as Management Representative within quality system.
• Keeps abreast of trends in the aircraft industry in order to better anticipate needed quality operational improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
• At least 10 years of experience as Quality Professional
• At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role and Process Management
• Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications and SAP
• Must have knowledge of lean methodologies and lean transformation
• Knowledge of Recaro company standards, processes, procedures and work instructions
• Ability to understand and adhere to applicable regulatory requirements.
• Must read, write and interpret technical instructions
• Experience with PC’s and associated software
• Must be familiar with the aircraft industry, the FAA and the rules and regulations which have an impact on the operation.
Certificates and Licences:
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with Recaro.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.recaro-as.com.