Specialist Aviation Services (SAS) is one of the leading emergency services aerospace companies providing all facets of air support to Air Ambulance and Police operators, both in the UK and overseas. The SAS Completions Department has unrivalled experience in the completion and modification of aircraft used for emergency services and other utility applications.
Following the addition of the AW169 to our fleet we are looking to expand our Completions department with an Avionics Design Engineer. You will be fully involved with designing avionic and electrical modifications and enhancements to air ambulance helicopters, special mission aircraft and their role equipment. You will be reporting to the Director of Completions.
Candidates must have solid Avionics and Electrical Design experience gained at a company holding EASA Part 21J Design Organisation Approval. Previous experience as a CVE (Certification Verification Engineer) signatory would be desirable.
As Avionics Design Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Taking ownership for the total avionic design elements of a task or project.
• Liaising with customers, suppliers, other SAS departments as briefed.
• Instigating and attending design review meetings, plus attending planning meetings and contract progress meetings as required.
• Supervising and motivating staff assigned to the task or project, with particular reference to compliance with all procedures and standards.
• Desirable: Compliance Verification as part of the certification programme.
As Avionics Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Demonstrable experience as Avionics and Electrical designer.
• Sound knowledge of avionics integration.
• Strong teamwork skills and a track record of delivering to programme.
• Sound knowledge of civil regulatory requirements related to design (EASA Part 21, CS-27, CS-29).
• HND / foundation degree, degree in aeronautical or electrical and electronic engineering or equivalent.
• Design packages – AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
• DO-178, DO-254 or EMC/HIRF experience would be advantageous.
To apply please email your CV to ZKarkola-Lubacha@specialist-aviation.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org