At Bombardier Aviation, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility, the centre now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft.
The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Argentina, Brazil, Guernsey and Mexico. The facility has received 22 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for an Interior Technician based in Hartford, CT.
In your role, you will:
• Fabricate, install and refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request. This may include items such as carpeting and upholstery on seats, card tables, side panels, glare shield, aircraft cabinets, card tables and side panels.
• Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
• Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform work in a safe and timely manner
• Fabricate / install / refurbish / modify / aircraft interior equipment and furnishings
• Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
• Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
• Perform assigned duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate:
• You typically have a minimum of (two) 2 years interiors experience (i.e. installing / finishing upholstery, aircraft interiors, and / or interior fixtures)
• You have demonstrated ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
• You have demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
*This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.