A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to live.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Aircraft Assembly and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Interiors expert with supplier coordination expertise to join our team of manufacturing engineers focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art aircraft assembly systems. As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in interiors, you will own the production of all interior systems that drive our unique aircraft assembly line. You will be responsible for defining and assuring aviation-level supplier quality for all interiors, collaborating with our product design engineering teams to enforce design-for-make, and bringing to life a lean, mechanized, and people-focused production system.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design for Scale” and “Design to Value” for all interiors systems and secure type certification standard
- Drive capability acquisition of new technologies, systems, and factories to establish a state-of-the-art manufacturing process
- Collaborate closely with our Interior Systems and Quality teams to develop, manage, and grow the interior value stream and supply chain
- Mentor your teammates as the resident expert for interiors and spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
- Provide shop floor support & champion continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Support digital processes for high volume production logistics, process definition, and planning
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
- Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, or industrial engineering focused on interiors.
- Experience in safety-critical industries (e.g., aviation, healthcare, military, etc) is required
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as a learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated expertise in interiors systems fundamental principles, design, fabrication, and safe handling in high-volume and/or rapid-growth operational environments – strong track record in driving high-impact projects to completion
- Experience in supplier coordination and change management implementation in supplier scope.
- Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production teams to secure continuous production flow
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- Lean awareness – Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job please visit lilium.com.