Website Delta Flight Products
As Delta Air Lines continues its product innovation and strong focus on enhancing the customer experience, Delta Flight Products, a wholly owned subsidiary established in 2016, has set its engineering sights on developing the next generation of in-cabin features. We are focused on Delta’s most strategic initiatives relating to the interior cabin and in-flight entertainment for existing and new delivery aircraft fleets. Located alongside Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airport we have immediate opportunities for talented Aircraft Interior Design and In Flight Technology professionals.
To apply to any of our current opportunities please visit: www.dfp.delta.com
Project Engineer – Mechanical Design
|Responsible to lead structural, interior and mechanical design and engineers of aircraft interior and structural modifications. Oversees and leads the work content of the entire engineering team.
1. Perform research and surveys to determine the best methods to modify aircraft to accomplish project statements of work. Develop man hour estimates of work tasks.
2. Oversee the design of new mechanical parts, assemblies and installations defining aircraft modifications.
3. Perform analysis and substantiation of new parts and installations, and interface with stress/substantiation engineers.
4. Be accountable for the production of engineering drawings, reports, material lists and work instructions to document & install aircraft modifications.
5. Provide engineering checks of data produced by peer groups or other project participants.
6. Administer technical support during manufacturing and installation of aircraft modifications.
7. Interface with customers, suppliers and other project stakeholders pertaining to modification projects.
8. Provide guidance and oversight to engineering peer group, and mentor new engineers to operate within departmental practices and procedures.
9. Provide statements of work, cost estimates, completion schedules and other project administrative inputs.
10. Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 15 yrs aviation related experience; or
Master’s Degree in Engineering with 13 yrs aviation related experience; or
Ph.D. in Engineering with 10 yrs of applied engineering experience, with 7 of them aviation related; or
20 yrs in a technical aviation related discipline with at least 12 yrs in an aviation engineering organization
1. Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a design engineering role.
2. Hands-on design knowledge of aircraft interiors, composites and entertainment systems.
3. Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
4. Experience in effectively leading teams of technical people and managing complex design projects.
5. Must have strong computer skills and demonstrate proficiency with 2D/3D CAD systems and MS Office programs.
6. Must have strong knowledge of aircraft mechanical/structural design processes, materials, fabrication methods and aerospace hardware.
7. Must possess thorough knowledge of substantiation techniques and FAA regulatory requirements.
8. Must be able to effectively utilize aircraft continued airworthiness data.
9. Must be organized and an effective project manager, presenting good communication skills and a professional appearance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.dfp.delta.com →