Website Recaro Aircraft Seating
We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the position of Senior Buyer.
• Responsible for procurement of materials, components, supplies and/or services for the company in accordance with standard operating procedures, contractual requirements, financial and savings targets, and all regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for strategy execution, change management, source selection, contract negotiations, supplier management, and conflict resolution throughout the supply chain.
• Follow all office safety policies
• Ensure compliance with all shop-floor safety regulations when participating in activities within any production, logistics, warehousing or staging areas.
• Ensure compliance with all Recaro policies, procedures, and work instructions
• Ensure compliance with any regulatory or governing body to include, but not limited to, AS9100, EN9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, FAA, EASA, Airbus, or Boeing
Purchase Order Management
• Place and confirm purchase orders with approved suppliers for established material, parts, or services in accordance with contracts, master production schedule, independent spares/repair requirements, and established lead times.
• Ensure purchase orders are executed, goods received, and invoices paid in accordance with the approved terms and conditions.
Master Data Management
• Maintain contracts and source rules within ERP system
• Manage lead time, part cost, setup cost, and mode of transportation
• Coordinate all engineering changes with the Engineering department, and assign to team members as appropriate
• Perform analysis of inventory to include supplier WIP and transportation WIP
• Calculate cost impact due to engineering change to include cost of rework and scrap
• Manage effectivity date of change to minimise cost impact and maximize inventory consumption
• Ability to understand and read bills of material and Engineering drawings and RECARO standards
• Prepare all needed engineering data packages and facilitate submission to suppliers
• Manage supplier quote and negotiation process
• Manage PO revisions to support effectivity and master production schedule
• Resolve any documentation discrepancies
• Conduct monthly supplier management reviews to support business objectives & deliverables
• Manage supplier on-time delivery and fill accuracy
• Manage all quality issues throughout the process to include first article, receiving inspection, discrepancies on the production line, and supplier corrective actions
• Management total cost of ownership to include part cost, transportation cost, cost of poor quality
• Maintain standard risk cube to include any mitigation plans
• Facilitate communication of forecasts with suppliers to ensure proper long-range planning of capacity, manpower, and raw materials
• Manage any instances of supplier transition and present to sourcing board
• Ensure all Recaro-owned tooling is properly tagged and logged into ERP system of record and maintain tool life, maintenance records and prepare annual tooling budget requirements
• Support RECARO global sourcing strategy
• Explore opportunities in low-cost countries
• Support all exchange rate risk mitigation efforts
• Develop annual plan to accomplish cost targets
• Ensure all required documentation is in place to include but not limited to: Non-Disclosure Agreement, Global Purchase Agreement, Quality Assurance Agreement, Supplier Questionnaire, Supplier Risk Assessment, Supplier Audit, Supplier Credit Report
• Oversee all negotiations of terms and conditions of all agreements and contracts in the best interest of Recaro
• Ensure all negotiations are legal, ethical, and in accordance with company policies as well as any governing or regulatory agencies
• Ensure supplier capabilities and core competencies are in line with the commodity family strategy and RECARO business objectives
• Conduct fair competition among qualified potential suppliers
• Evaluate supplier scorecard and audit results where applicable
• Present results to supplier selection board or sourcing board for approval
• Evaluate commodity and commodity family to ensure synergies and alignment
• Assess life cycle of parts within commodity family to identify development, sustainment, or obsolescence
• Identify supplier capabilities in multiple global markets
• Coordinate sourcing efforts with other Recaro divisions to capitalize on volumes where appropriate
• Perform analysis on production location, transportation lead time, transportation cost, part cost and volatility of engineering changes
• Evaluate market trends to determine opportunities for cost savings
• Coordinate with other functional areas to include Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Coordination, Quality, and Supplier Development
• Any other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, Masters Preferred, two (2) years of experience in procurement or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college,
• CPM, CPIM, and/or CSCP certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years engineered-to-order procurement
• Willing and able to travel throughout the United States and to other countries as required
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with Recaro.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.recaro-as.com.