At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) is seeking a creative Structural Designer to join one of our teams supporting proprietary programmes for air vehicle design or advanced weapons design in Berkeley, MO.
- Develops, integrates and documents structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Develops, maintains and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Performs and integrates analytical and test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimise the design and achieve programme goals.
- Develops new design/analysis processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under general direction.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
This position requires the ability to obtain programme access, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- 3+ years of experience working with Siemens NX
- 3+ years of experience with Teamcenter product data management system
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3+ years of experience working with FiberSim and/or Composite Workbench
- 3+ years of experience with Full Size Determinant Assembly
- 3+ years of experience with IPDM
- 3+ years of experience with mechanisms
- 3+ years of experience in system/subsystem integration
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.