SABIC Innovative Plastics
SABIC Innovative Plastics offers high-performance engineering thermoplastic resin, sheet, foam and composite solutions that can help aviation customers meet the critical challenges of weight-out, regulatory compliance, sustainability and improved flying experience. These innovative products, together with the company’s extended portfolio of advanced material technologies can help global aircraft OEMs reduce weight by up to 50 percent which may conserve fuel and lower emissions; meet tough flame-smoke-toxicity (FST) regulations; reduce overall system costs; and enhance safety and comfort of the cabin environment.
- Lexan XHR (extremely low heat release sheet with superior weight-out of up to 12% vs. traditional PVC/PMMA and fully complies with FST requirements (FAR25853) of major airlines for seating, cockpit linings, window surrounds, door shrouds, and other interior components. It can be color-matched in sheet and resin form for color coordinated thermoformed and injection-molded parts.
- Ultem* Composite Aerospace Board (CAB): Ultem CAB sheets, co-developed and manufactured with Crane & Co., provide a superior alternative to thermoset aramid fiber-reinforced honeycomb composites.
- Carbon-filled Ultem resins: 40-percent carbon-filled Ultem resin technologies feature exceptional stiffness and flow and can replace airline grade die-cast aluminum in structural components for up to 50 percent weight savings and up to 40 percent increase in strength.
- Transparent Lexan F2000A sheet: This sheet product offers excellent FST performance and impact strength, and complies with FAR25853 & ABD0031 requirements. It is a candidate for windows, light diffusers and signs where clarity is requested.
- Transparent Lexan FST copolymer resin: Now available in a clear formulation, this resin offers improved aesthetic flexibility. It can be combined with Lexan XHR sheet in matching colors for components such as personal service units, window reveals and threshold trims, thus eliminating the costs and environmental exposures of secondary painting.
SABIC Innovative Plastics is a leading, global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with a 75-year history of breakthrough solutions that solve its customers’ most pressing challenges. Today, SABIC Innovative Plastics is a multi-billion-dollar company with operations in more than 35 countries and approximately 9,000 employees worldwide.