Product/transport designer. Degree qualified, 4+ years’ experience.
Studios : West London (W6 – Hammersmith/Chiswick border).
Factorydesign is an award-winning design consultancy seeking a Senior Designer to join our busy West London studio. This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, close team with fantastic clients, a long history of success in both transport and product design, and a strong reputation in aviation design. As well as product design, the bulk of our work is in airline interiors, designing seating, bars, galleys and bathrooms to create memorable and brand-relevant passenger experiences.
We are a team of creative people who are passionate about good design. We believe we stand out from the competition by never shying away from the most innovative solutions, but are equally at home evolving the minutiae of everyday objects to create the very best design solutions.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to further develop your skills within an established and creative agency, working for international clients such as Delta Air Lines and Virgin Atlantic.
Salary: (depending on experience and skills).
Bonus: performance related bonus.
Holiday: 20 days per year (after 3 years, rising 1 day each year to 25 days).
We are planning the future shape of the company and are keen to welcome committed, long-term talent to our team. As such, in future, to the right candidate, company share options are part of an opportunity to join other staff members in the ownership of the company.
Preferred software: Solidworks, Blender, Adobe Suite, MS Office.
What you’ll do:
- Research and strategic design thinking
- Concept generation and visualisation
- 3D CAD modelling with technical accuracy.
- Manage and support the team to deliver design projects.
- Produce high quality presentations.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers as required.
- Mentor and develop junior staff members.
- Work considerately as part of a close team in our west London studio.
- Occasional travel.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years’ experience in consultancy or in-house
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Highly skilled in visual communication: sketching, 2D digital rendering and 3D CAD visualisation.
- Styling skills.
- Good understanding of design for manufacture
- Client facing skills including presentation
- Positive attitude and great people skills
- Experience working in high-paced environments.
What’s in it for you
- Being part of an award winning, experienced and talented team
- Working for international clients on exciting projects
- Company share ownership option
- Personal pension plan
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please get in contact, and send your CV and portfolio to:
+44 (0)20 8748 7007
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.