At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This new role is based within the Boeing Global Services (BGS) EASA Modifications team located in Frimley, Surrey (UK) and Dublin (Ireland) where we hold EASA (and GCAA) part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). These centres, along with our global partners, have highly skilled teams of engineers, Program Managers and support staff offering EASA certified modifications to our customers worldwide.
The position is offered as hybrid with two-days on-site in our Frimley office and three-days remote, subject to periodic review. Some flexibility can be offered depending on individual circumstances.
The candidate will be responsible for the creation of Customer aircraft modification proposals mainly involving cabin interiors and occasionally with electrical and/or IFE content. You will be interfacing directly with the Engineering, Purchasing, Program Management, Sales and Contracts teams.
This is a fast-paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload priorities and meet deadlines effectively. An ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and customers is essential. The candidate must be skilled in MS Office applications, have experience with generating technical documentation and proposals containing cost and schedule estimates.
- Work within the Boeing EASA proposal team reviewing Customer requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Work with all stakeholders to establish a ‘bid’ or ‘no bid’ decision for proposals based on capability, capacity and business strategy
- Assist Customer and/or Sales in developing modification requirements using Study LOPA’s and other data as required (training can be provided)
- Research and develop modification statements of work and bills of materials using Boeing systems and customer data
- Identify key risks and identify mitigation strategies
- Establish assumptions and limitations based on proposal scope and information available
- Work with departments/specialists to collate/confirm task hours
- Collate all information into the proposal cost sheet and obtain sign off
- Work within Boeing Proposal and pricing systems (PMDB and PCAT)
- Support tracking of active RFP’s
- Support handover meetings to Program Management and Customer Kick-off meetings (when needed) to ensure work scope and budgets are clearly communicated
- A working knowledge of EASA CS25 requirements applicable aircraft interiors is highly desirable
- A working knowledge of EASA Part 21J design organisation approval would be beneficial but not essential
- A working knowledge of AutoCad for LOPA development is desirable but not essential (training can be provided)
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.