Website Collins Aerospace
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionised systems for specialised aircraft and spacecraft, and collaborative space solutions.
By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today. Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organisation, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Performs conventional engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, documentation of product requirements, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations. Provides close review of new design and product applications. Perform assignments in accordance with established company procedures and industry best practices.
- Manages projects as assigned by engineering manager
- Work includes the development of new products and processes, as well as modifications to existing ones
- Participates with drafters, technicians, and others to contribute to project completion
- Heavy emphasis on the preparation of documents related to the design and manufacture of wiring harnesses
- Some work involving the design of fixtures, tooling and machinery
- Coordinates work with other engineers and operating groups to facilitate participation of various organisational units
- Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment
- Supporting problem solving during manufacturing build process and through aftermarket queries
- Provide customer support on specific technical and product application issues
- Provide routine reports on the status of projects
- Coordinates efforts and communicates with other departments, including Manufacturing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Planning
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Performs other related duties as required
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Wiring harness related experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office programmes
- Basic computer-aided design skills
- Understanding of common manufacturing processes and techniques
- Sound project management skills
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.