October 25, 2015 – In 2014, Airbus spent more than €32.4 billion with over 7,200 direct suppliers worldwide. Impressive figures, and Airbus has acknowledged its top eight suppliers for their outstanding contribution to the business during the year, presenting them with Best in Class 2015 Partner Awards. The awards, split into three categories – Best Performer, Innovation and Support – distinguish the outstanding contributions from the selected partners in the areas of aerostructure and material, systems and equipment, cabin, propulsion and general procurement.
The awarded suppliers were selected by the Airbus Executive Committee in consultation with business stakeholders. Superior performances in areas such as pragmatic innovation, high-quality product delivery and services, as well as the importance of a strong collaborative business partnership qualify this year’s winners.
The suppliers awarded in 2015 are:
• UAC with Best Performer Award in aerostructure and materials for consistent delivery on Airbus’s expectations
• Cobham with Best Performer Award in systems and equipment, cabin and propulsion for maturity, for cross-program communications antennas, as well as sustainability of excellent performance
• Aritex, P3 Group and Honeywell Power Systems all won a Best Performer Award in general procurement, respectively for best improvements in jigs and tools, successful recovery on technical change management with on-time and on-quality delivery and energy-efficient factory equipment, and an ‘agile state of mind’ with proactive project management
• Recaro received an Innovation Award in systems and equipment, cabin and propulsion for pre-developed and pre-certified seat option packages and active support on the A320 Family ramp-up
• Radiall wins an Innovation Award in aerostructure & materials for its ‘Quick install Connectors’ on the A350 XWB program, allowing for time, weight and cost savings
• Rockwell Colins Avionics has won a Support Award in systems and equipment cabin and propulsions as being named a consistent favorite by airlines, voted top in the annual supplier support rating survey and recognized for performance and commitment to customer satisfaction