May 7, 2015 – Qantas together with joint owners and oneworld partners Cathay Pacific and British Airways have unveiled the final stage of the multi-million dollar Los Angeles Business Lounge refurbishment, with the opening of additional space and more dining options. This unveiling follows the opening of stage one of the development in June 2014 and the opening of the adjacent Qantas First Lounge, designed by Marc Newson in December 2014.
Vanessa Hudson, Qantas’ regional general manager for The Americas said, “The completion of this project represents our significant investment in the US market. We have tripled the space available across both lounges, added more seating and installed a state-of-the-art kitchen. The new kitchen enables us to offer a bigger menu and a greater variety of dining options.”
“Customers tell us that being able to enjoy a relaxing and welcoming space with high quality dining options prior to flying is top of their wish list when it comes to creating the ideal lounge experience. Together with Los Angeles International Airport’s renovations, Qantas now offers truly world-class facilities for international travelers and our lounges in the US are second to none,” added Hudson.
Qantas, Cathay Pacific and British Airways customers will now be able to enjoy the full offering in the Los Angeles Business Lounge with additional features including:
• An additional 200 seats, bringing the total capacity of the Business Lounge to 600 seats (a combined total of 800 seats including the Qantas First Lounge)
• Triple the floor space, from 11,000 square-feet to 42,000 square-feet across the First and Business Lounge
• A dedicated dining area featuring a large communal dining table equipped with USB and power outlets
• Menus by Qantas Chef Neil Perry with a focus on fresh, seasonal produce
• an increase from one to two buffets featuring a new make-your-own juice bar, hot dishes, fresh and healthy salads, snacks and desserts
• A Californian food cart offering tacos and specialty hot dogs
• A cocktail bar offering signature cocktails and barista coffee
• A communal fireplace and central glass atrium
• Service experience by Sofitel
• An additional seven shower suites taking the total to 16, all featuring Aurora Spa ASPAR amenities
• Six work stations equipped with Apple iMacs
• A dedicated family zone with children’s furniture, toys and games.
Customers eligible to access the Los Angeles Business Lounge include:
• Qantas, Cathay Pacific and British Airways customers travelling in Business
• Gold Qantas Frequent Flyers, Marco Polo Club Gold and Executive Club Silver members
• oneworld Sapphire customers
• Qantas Club members