- Instituting an outbreak response plan across the organisation that includes health and safety protocols
- The New York office staff are currently operating 100% remotely and have the ability to process and fulfill all orders and perform all day-to-day tasks through remote operation
- Sample requests received after 12 pm ET, will be fulfilled and shipped the following day
- The Dallas finishing plant and warehouse is still fully operational as this facility is part of the critical manufacturing sector of Transportation Equipment Manufacturing as defined by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Tapis reports it has experienced no interruptions to its supply chain for raw materials or finished goods, and in most cases, has ample inventory to meet customer needs
- All manufacturing facilities are running at normal capacity, and all shipping and warehouse logistics are running on time
- Tapis will be staggering shifts and practicing social distancing amongst the staff at facilities to minimise contact amongst staff
- Additional cleaning procedures are being implemented at facilities and all staff have been educated on best practices recommended by the CDC
- Travel restrictions are in place for all employees and all on-site meetings have been suspended indefinitely
Tapis Corporation, a manufacturer of fabrics for aircraft interiors, has given an update of the measures it is taking to help keep its operations running during the Covid-19 situation.
According to a statement by the company, it is closely monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organisation (WHO), as well as following guidance from federal, state, and local officials at its facilities across the USA.
Kevin O’Brien, VP of operations and technical services at Tapis Corporation states that the following measures have been implemented with immediate effect:
“We have a dedicated team managing our response and we will continue to provide updates as we learn more. Please know we are committed to standing with you during this uncertain time and the Tapis team is ready and able to help,” stated O’Brien.
Share this story: