Website Recaro Aircraft Seating
We develop, produce, and market innovative seats for economy and business class, which meet the highest standards when it comes to comfort, lightweight construction and design. As an internationally renowned brand, we are one of the world’s three largest suppliers of aircraft seats with our premium products. To enhance our team, we are looking to fill the position of Textile Engineer at our site in Fort Worth at the earliest possible date.
Provides engineering support for all aspects of assigned development projects to ensure functionality, quality, design, cost and schedule by performing the following duties. Directs and coordinates activities of firm engaged in purchasing, engineering, quality, programme management for the success of the project, by performing the following duties.
• Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of engineering concepts and aircraft seat manufacturing processes, in order to assure that the appropriate manufacturing procedures are utilised to meet the requirements of individual client specifications.
• Effectively participates and contributes in telecoms with overseas engineers and programme management by applying manufacturing engineering knowledge, discussing manufacturing issues, and also suggesting potential seat development topics and innovations.
• Interfaces with outside suppliers in the design process.
• Assists in creating bills of material for aircraft seat components and assemblies.
• Verifies use of appropriate materials according to their usage on the seat (Primary Load Path/Secondary Load Path).
• Assists in creating design change notification documents.
• Creates presentations outlining design direction and/or design issues
• Utilising knowledge of CAD 2D/3D systems (CATIA version 5), design aircraft seats and components that meet customer expectations and are in conformance to applicable regulations. This includes the detailed design of complex sheet metal, machined, cast or forged metal components, as well as injection molded or vacuum-formed plastic components.
• Generate 2D drawings based on created 3D models, using standard aerospace drafting practices, as well as in-house drafting standards.
• Responds to concerns of customers by making design changes in seat designs and components in a manner that meets customer expectations and is in conformance with applicable regulations.
• Participates in design meetings with project engineers to discuss engineering issues, including design changes and requests from customers.
• Supports Purchasing and Production by providing the necessary documentation to support sourcing of parts.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Textile or Finishing Technology at a four-year college or university preferred; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Have experience &/or knowledge in patternmaking and industrial manufacturing of textiles as well as in Trim & Finish.
• Experience in the use of FAR, TSO regulations, as well as the use of parts lists with high variant diversity is desired.
• Advanced knowledge of aircraft seating manufacturing is required.
• Knowledge of PLM-based database systems such as Teamcenter, Agile or Enovia is required.
You will be a perfect fit for our team if you are enthusiastic about innovative products, enjoy setting ambitious goals, love taking on responsibility, are motivated by an environment of appreciative, trusting collaboration, and have a strong creative drive. In return, we promise to give you the freedom to develop your potential with individual development opportunities and will provide you with the necessary competencies to increase your personal responsibility so that you can face the future together with Recaro.
Our recruiting team looks forward to receiving your application. Your personal information will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.recaro-as.com.