Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficiency reliability and safety. We are a global organisation focused on working together with a team spirit.
Bombardier’s Business Aircraft London Service Centre in Biggin Hill is part of an award-winning network and is the flagship of Bombardier’s European operation. This Base and Line Maintenance Centre is the fastest-growing Service Centre in Europe and the largest Business Aircraft OEM in the UK.
Expansion at Bombardier’s London Biggin Hill service centre will double the facility’s footprint to nearly 250,000 square feet
Increased capacity will benefit more operators of Bombardier business aircraft, including the new Global 7500 jet
The expansion will introduce sought-after capabilities and state-of-the-art installations, such as component painting and interior refurbishment capabilities, component repair and overhaul workshops and training rooms.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Interiors Mechanic.
In your role, you will:
• The role is intended as an Interior Specialist role, but fall under the job category of Mechanic
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hanger positions
• Comply with environmental health and safety policies / procedures.
• Participate in 5-S activities.
• Perform work in a safe and timely manner
• Fabricate, install and refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request
• Complete customer requests that include items such as carpeting and upholstery on seats, card tables, side panels, glare shield, aircraft cabinets, card tables and side panels
• Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
• Perform assigned duties as assigned
• May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
• May clean aircraft as required
• May assist with other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate:
• You have previously worked in a similar role and have VIP interiors experience (i.e. previous wood finish and soft goods experience (i.e., auto, RV, boat, etc)
• You have the ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude
• You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
• You have basic PC skills
• You have the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
What we offer:
Bombardier London Service Centre is proud to offer a variety of employee benefits including:
• BUPA Private Medical Insurance and more
• Generous annual leave entitlement (24 days) for shift workers
• Pension Contribution Scheme
• Company discretionary annual bonus
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.