Website Supracor Inc.
Based in Silicon Valley, California, Supracor is the originator of fusion-bonded honeycomb technology, a flexible form of aerospace honeycomb utilized in products that promote the health and safety of people and animals. Supracor’s lightweight Stimulite® honeycomb seat cushions are setting new standards for comfort and sustainability in the commercial aircraft market. As more airlines recognize the value of Stimulite cushions, we are looking for qualified Mechanical Design Engineers to join our growing aerospace team. To learn more about Supracor, visit our aerospace website at aerospace.supracor.com and our main website at supracor.com.
• Support the full lifecycle of multiple projects at various development phases
• Generate 3D and 2D drawings and BOMs for customized projects
• Coordinate with internal teams (sales, engineering, manufacturing, quality) on prototypes, test specimens, and serial production units
• Manage in-house testing or coordinate tests with independent labs, creating test plans as needed
• Track project status and timelines, identifying and managing risks and critical paths and communicating this information to internal team members and senior management
• Domestic and international travel (approximately 5-10%) to meet with customers and vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related field (mechanical, manufacturing, materials, or aerospace preferred) and a minimum of 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in the aerospace industry and new product development processes
• Proficient in creating 3D models and 2D drawings using CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
• Strong technical writing and documentation skills (e.g. test plans and reports, specifications, presentations, manuals, etc.)
• Fundamental knowledge of elastomeric materials
• Experience with aviation requirements (e.g. FAA, EASA) and certification processes
• Excellent team player who enjoys interacting with internal team members of various disciplines
This is a full time, salaried position based in San Jose, California. Please submit resume and qualifications to Susan Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.