Virgin America passengers can now land a little smarter than when they took off, thanks to a a series of enlightening lectures with professors being offered on demand through the Red IFE system.
“Travelers choose to fly Virgin America for a unique travel experience, and we’re excited to help them pass the time in a rewarding and informative way,” said Ed Leon, chief brand officer of The Great Courses, the company which produces the videos. “We hope to connect passengers with a wide sampling of free lectures that will transport them to a world of knowledge that includes Ancient Egypt, espionage, nutrition, cooking from the Culinary Institute of America, the secret life of words, the Inexplicable Universe with Neil deGrasse Tyson and much more.”
The initiative with Virgin America starts February 1 and will include both audio and video lectures from the company’s library of more than 530 titles spanning history, music, science, literature, language, health, nutrition, personal development and more. The lectures will be available along with other on-demand entertainment content.
If you’re flying Virgin America soon, here are some of the lectures available on your flight:
• Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Inexplicable Universe
• Cook Like a Pro Chef: Lessons From The Culinary Institute of America
• Sneferu – The Pyramid Builder
• Did Slavery Really Cause the Civil War?
• The Enlightenment and an Introduction to the Classical Era
• What is Big History?
• Junk-Food Monkeys: What Happens When Baboons Eat like Us?
• Becoming a Spy
• Making High-Stakes Decisions
• Not All Carbs Are Created Equal
• Creative Non-fiction: Writing Great Beginnings
• How People Respond to Incentives