Simona AG has announced a new organizational structure to streamline its North American operations following the acquisition of Boltaron Performance Products, LLC, and Laminations, Inc., at the beginning of 2014.
Plants in Newcomerstown, Ohio, and Archbald, Pennsylvania will unite under the SIMONA AMERICA Inc. (SAI) corporate umbrella and under the Simona AG corporate brand, managed by a single senior management team. The personnel changes are as follows:
• Lawrence J. Schorr (former CEO of Boltaron) is appointed CEO of SAI
• Dean Li, PhD, (former president of Boltaron) is appointed president and COO of SAI
• Michael Schmitz (former CEO of SAI – Hazleton) is appointed CFO of SAI
• Adam Mellen (former director of outside sales at Boltaron) is appointed VP of sales and marketing of SAI
• Bob Viereck (former CFO of Boltaron) is appointed VP and treasurer of SAI
• Bill Minogue (former VP of operations at SAI – Hazleton) is appointed general manager and VP of operations of Archbald
• Kevin Asti (former VP of operations at Boltaron) is appointed general manager and VP of operations of Newcomerstown
• Jim Medalie is to be appointed to the Board of Simona America Inc., effective immediately. He currently serves as CEO of Polyflow, LLC, a manufacturer of reinforced plastic pipes. Until June of 2012 he served as President of Kydex, LLC, a manufacturer of specialty thermoplastic sheet for aircraft.
The Board of Simona America Inc. will continue to be headed by Wolfgang Moyses, CEO of the Simona Group. “In Jim Medalie, we have appointed an acknowledged expert in the plastics industry, with many decades of experience in senior roles. I am delighted that he will be contributing to our Board,” stated Moyses.
Other Board members include Larry Schorr (CEO of SAI), Dirk Moeller and Fredy Hiltmann (Simona AG members), and Mark Yde (external member). Prior to Yde’s current position as director of business development of Novae Corporation, he was VP and general manager of Spartech Corporation and president of Poly Hi Solidur Worldwide.
The SAI management team will continue its focus in Ohio on the Boltaron brand of aircraft interior products, as well as a number of other specialty products, and in Pennsylvania on both large-volume polyolefin and PVC products, as well as specialty products for corrosive, semiconductor and O&P applications under the Simona brand. “The new organizational structure will help us to focus even more on customer value and best practice,” stated Larry Schorr, CEO of SAI.
The team expects to complete the integration of the equipment and personnel from its former Hazleton, PA, plant into Archbald by the end of 2014, and to synchronize best practices in operations, sales, customer service and technical development across the entire platform by the end of 2015.